December 7, 2012

The Runaway Princess: Hester Browne

Amy's parents back in the country are haunted by skeletons in their closest from their past and Amy feels she has to protect them even though all she wants to do is move on. Making sure to go home for holidays Amy spends most of her time in London, where she is trying to make her own way. With a successful Gardening business and a flatmate who keeps her on the edge of social circle Amy is happy with where she is at. A party crasher at one Jo's, of her roommate, parties sets things off though.

Leo's idea of fun is not really chasing down and fixing the issues that his playboy brother causes. But, one evening cleaning up Rolph's mess he meets Amy. Sparks fly between the prince Leo and Amy the gardener. But, one of the reasons Leo likes Amy is that she is a normal girl and has a basically normal life. But will that fit into the mold that his family and their royal lineage will expect and accept.

Thrust into the spot light for the Love that she has found Amy and Leo have to come to terms with what they want and expectations that others hold for them. While continuing to protect what they love and want for themselves and each other.

I had been in a bit of a reading slump. Once I opened this book and got a little ways into it that was over. I got to the point where I couldn't put this book down. I just wanted to keep going. Things were being alluded to that you didn't know what was really going on and you just had to keep going to figure it out. I felt for Amy and the emotions that she was going through. I felt like I could relate to her more than any of the other character and a few times I wished that I could get inside one of the other characters, but that is just me wanting to know more.

I would highly recommend this book, like I do most of Browne's book. The characters are well built and relatable. They have things together enough that you don't think they are idiots, but accident prone/character flawed enough that they are relatable. I would give this book 4 stars in it really kept my interest and is defiantly one of my favorites of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment