November 16, 2012

The Shopping Swap: Erin Brady (Novella)


Margaret Andrews is ready for some changes in her relationship. So, she buys some lingerie, makes dinner, and plans to subdue her commitment phobia boyfriend, Richard, into marriage. But, when she gets home she discovers that she doesn't have a bag with lingerie, but a house coat instead.
In trying to get her correct bag back she runs into Benjamin Sanders, who had been trying to get a house coat as a present for his Grandmother. Maggie and Ben strike up a conversation and become friends. With Richard being busier and busier at work temptation comes into play with this new friendship and Maggie might have some decisions to make that are harder then she thought.

I really enjoyed reading about Maggie and the internal struggle that she was going through in this plot. I do think that part of it just scratched the surface of the depth of the issues that she was dealing with and choices she had to make. But, that works for this novella in the short format. It did leave me wanting to know a little more about what was going on with the character which I actually appreciate here. Through out the plot Maggie felt real to me and not like a flat character that things just worked for. She had the emotional reaction to situations and conflict about them that you as a reader feel like you might respond or how a real person would react to situations.

I would suggest this novella to others and I think that others who enjoy this genre would enjoy this Novella. I would give it 4 stars in that I could relate to the characters. Also, I was kind of in a rut where I was having a hard time reading and found this really easy to get through and I enjoyed going back to it.

I was provided a copy of this Novella by Erin, and the review is posted at her request. The thoughts and opinions are mine though.

No comments:

Post a Comment