July 3, 2012

Blank Slate Kate: Heather Wardell

Kate wakes up one morning in a stranger bed, hungover and the last thing she remembers is being 17 and in high school. At least she might be Kate, that is what she told Jacob, who's bed she woke up in, her name was. She spends the net few weeks trying to piece together her life and the past 15 years together.
Not only does she learn about how the world changed, 9-11, iPhone, twitter, it is all new to her now. But, what kind of life has she lived, who is her husband, and what are the secrets that she has been keeping from her friends (the ones that she might have still) and her family that she doesn't remember now.
Slight spoiler, Kate never fully gets her memories back. But, we do see her piece her life together and learns from it what she doesn't want to do again, keep secrets, and how she can change her path now.

I could really appreciate and enjoyed this novel. Mental problems was one of the underlying issues and though I don't have them to the extend the main character does I could appreciate how she felt with them and was overwhelmed. She had to relearn about it after she lost her memories and realized that maybe she was trying to forget with her memory lose. But, she can't just keep running away which is what she seems to be keep doing. As she pieces her life back together.

I won this book in a contest and I am so glad that I did. I really enjoyed it and felt I need to read it with how it dealt with mental health. I have to give this book 4 stars and I would recommend this book to others who enjoy chick lit and want to see a way that mental health can be face and see what many in society have to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment