February 8, 2012

One for the Money: a novel introducing Stephanie Plum: Janet Evanovich

Stephanie is out of work, out of money, and just about out of appliances to sell for money. Her parents tell her that her Cousin Vinnie may be looking for someone, but when that job is filled Stephanie blackmails him into letting her be an apprehension agent. Stephanie may be now to the job, but she knows that if she brings in Joe Morelli her money problems will be over, for awhile at least. What she forgets to factor in is her past history with Morelli and how dangerous this job can actually be.

Part of the reason I wanted to read this book is a few people have suggested it to me and of course the movie coming out.  When I started the book the narrative I heard in my head was Katherine Heigle (sp) since she plays Stephanie in the movie.  By the end of the book the character had come in to her own and was her own voice, which was what I had hopped for.

I thought that this was a great book for the start of a series.  Though the mystery/tracking portion seems a little simple and connive toy falling into places the character building was what I felt was important in this plot and that part was well done through out the plot.  I am excited to read more in the series and see how the characters continue to develop and see how the mysteries change and improve.

I would suggest this book to others and give it three stars.

1 comment: