February 21, 2012

Mommywood: Tori Spelling

Picking up around where sTori Telling ends. This book talks about the challenge that Tori faces trying to be a normal mother and raise her children in Hollywood and the expectations that are set up for her. How to be a working mother in the industry she works in and to raise her children without letting that effect them.

Again, I could relate to Tori in the voice used in this book. But, I do have to say that I didn't enjoy it as much as  sTori Telling, though I will still read her next one. In this plot it felt a bit like she expected her readers to already know about her and her life. That they were already following her television show, and didn't give some details that might be nice to ones who weren't watching the TV show or following all of her works.

I feel like this book just skimmed the surface, there was more underneath that you could almost feel like wanted to be shared but, Tori was censoring herself more in this one and that came across to me. I would get it 2 and a half stars probably, so will round it up to three right now. Defiantly, not the strongest piece she has written or shared stories in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment