September 24, 2011

Journalution: Sandy Grason

Getting back into more journaling lately, did creative writing in August and September is my journaling month. Only missed two days so far, even if they are quick one page before I head to bed, try to put something down at least. In order to expand more in my journaling I thoughts I would read a few books about journaling.

The first I pick up is Journalution by Sandy Grason. What drew me to the book was the second part of the title; Journaling to Awaken Your Inner Voice, Heal Your Life and Manifest Your Dreams. The book is in sections that a new some one new to journaling or someone who has been journaling for years could follow. I would say I am in the middle there are a few times in my life that I have tried to take up journaling, but haven't never been able to stay committed to it. What I felt this book did was let you know what was important to do and you could learn from form journaling, but the simpleness that journaling was also. At least that is what I got out of the book.

It took you through sections on different ways journaling can be used to look at different parts of your life or bring out different emotions or understanding that you needed. In the section there was then writing prompts to try and how others had used the prompts. I didn't try to prompts as I wanted to, but I may use some of them still. I do feel like I have learned about journaling, have a better understanding of it, and am more accepting of how journaling can help me. In the past journaling has just been about the negative and getting it out for me. Now, I see there is positives and you can share the good and the bad to share and you have to accept both parts.

If someone is wanting to explore journaling more and even if they do journal, but need a jump start this is a great book to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment