June 7, 2012

I've Got Your Number: Sophie Kinsella

Poppy Wyatt has misplaced her engagement ring, a family heirloom for her fiance, and in her search for it she finds more than she expected. Her phone is stolen while searching for her ring and she conveniently finds a abandoned cell phone in the waste bin. She takes the phone on as her own in her search for the ring.  Sam, who's PA happens to be the one who abandoned the phone and her job, is not so keen on Poppy having the phone though. 

As Poppy keeps the phone and is forwarding Sam's emails onto him, their relationship expands and they form something that could be seen as a friendship. They talk to each other about the lost ring, problems Sam is having at work, Poppy planning her wedding and the issues she is having with her future family. Until, it all comes to a head on both side and they find that they both need each other, but how can they help each other and will they really trust each other when they need to. All over a lost and found phone. 

Much like many of Kinsella's books in my opinions this is superior to her shopaholic books, but still it not my favorite of her works. This book started a bit slow to me, then when it picked up it really picked up and I couldn't put it down. I just wanted to keep reading towards the end, especially the last 3/4 of the book. I liked how Poppy learned a grew some in the book but still stayed true to herself. The other characters grew and were there, but were not very deep too, so it was hard only have one or two characters to relate too. 

I gave this book 3 starts, since I enjoyed it. But, it was not one of my favorites, I guess you could say it felt kind of average to me. I would suggest this to others invested in the genre and it was worth reading, but not Kinsella best piece or a good into to the genre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment